Callsign:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Forums
Vagabond Ragchew Net :: Forums :: VAGABOND FORUM :: Member Forum

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Silent Key: KK4INH, "J.W." (Vagabond 601)
Author Post
admin
Mon Apr 30 2018, 11:58AM
Webmaster

Registered Member #1

We are saddened to report the loss of KK4INH, whom we knew as "J.W." and whose favorite phonetic statement of his call sign suffix was "I Need Help!"  J.W. passed away on Sunday, April 29, 2018.

Here's the info from today's Winston-Salem Journal:

JONESVILLE February 28, 1942 - April 29, 2018 Mr. John "JW" Wesley Foreman, 76, passed away Sunday, April 29, 2018 at Kindred Hospital. Mr. Foreman was born February 28, 1942 in Surry County to the late John and Maude Kennedy Foreman. He enjoyed ham radio, golfing, and his animals. Mr. Foreman is survived by his wife of 19 years, Betty Crook Foreman; children, Teresa (Cody) Anderson, Sonya Pardue (Michael Simerson), Perry (Nancy) Foreman, and Kimberly Williams; grandchildren, Lita (Corey), Jordan (Nehemiah), Justin (Sara), Justin Williams, and Michael (Marriah); great grandchildren, Hadley and Archer; two sisters, Shelia (Rob Parker) Biehl and Debbie (James) Simpson; and a brother, Wayne Foreman.

A memorial service will be conducted at 2:00PM, Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at Gentry Family Chapel in Yadkinville with Pastor Stanley Stogner officiating. The family will receive friends from 1:00 to 2:00PM prior to the service at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made at www.gentryfuneralservice.com. Gentry Family Funeral Service in Yadkinville is serving the Foreman family.
KG4QAB
Tue May 15 2018, 05:43PM
Vagabond 690
Registered Member #252

Hate to hear of J.W.'s passing and for me personally I'll truly miss his snappy comebacks and sometimes the extended one liners yeah boy.Fortunately I did have a chance to enjoy a QSO with him while he was hospitalized before things took a turn for the worst and will remember that for sometime to come.

73's J.W.
KG4QAB

Jump:     Back to top

Next #

Permanent:

Temporary:

Need to give us a holler? Use our Hollerin' Form.